OUR TEAM


-

-

Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Play Book: Bottle Cap Stampers

So our latest effort to complete our Summer Play Book was our Bottle Cap Stampers.

I have been saving the lids from milk jugs, juice bottle, Gatorade bottles and everything else I could find, for quite some time anticipating this activity.

The team thought it was somewhat fun.  They had fun digging through all of our foam stickers choosing the ones they wanted to use.







But when it came to the painting part, that was a different story.  They became a little frustrated.  (As evidenced by Eli's hands on his head and pouting face.)  Our dollar store stickers are just not very thick.  So when dipped in the paint and then stamped, it didn't leave a very good impression on the paper.  You could see quite a bit of the bottle cap on the paper.  That made it difficult to make out the shape of some of them.

We will definitely try it again, but next time with a few adjustments.

*I'll splurge on some thicker stickers.  I've seen some at Walmart that are pretty thick.
*I'm gonna have them try an ink pad instead of paint.  The stamp got too much paint all around the sticker.  I think that the ink pad might help this problem.

It's worth a try.  Let me know if you try it out and how it works for you! :)

~Kristee

1 comments:

Shawnda said...

We used potatoes, they worked good!

Post a Comment