OUR TEAM


-

-

Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Play Book-Simon Says Art

I came across Simon Says Art on Pinterest (of course)!  Here is my Summer Play Book. The idea is that "Simon" tells the kids what to draw. In the end you have a crazy piece of abstract art.  I thought this would be perfect because the boys rarely choose to draw for an activity.  I think they don't like to draw much because they don't know what to draw.  So I was hopping the prompts would help.

Well the team loved it!  Eli especially thought it was fun!  I had them draw shapes, make zig-zags until I said stop, make dots, connect the dots, etc. The possibilities are endless.




Yes that's a toilet brush...I bought one at IKEA yesterday!  It's new and in the package still.  We needed something to hold our paper down! :)

Noah said his was a rhino!  Not sure I see that, but OK! ;)

He called his an eye.  Pretty funny it turned out to look like a black eye!

Jonah didn't want to pose with his picture! LOL  

This activity is a keeper!  They drew for over 30 minutes!  That was enough time for me to unload/load the dishwasher and put dinner in the crockpot! :)  WOO HOO!

So far we are up to 2 leftys & 1 righty.  We will just have to see which side Micah joins!

I hope this project brings you a few minutes of fun!

~Kristee

0 comments:

Post a Comment