OUR TEAM


-

-

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eat @ HOME Aug.-Menu Planning


Hey friends!  I've been planning my menu for Eat @ HOME August.  I wanted to share it with you.  If you are anything like me, I love finding new recipes that are "team friendly".  I hope you consider joining in on this challenge.  Maybe committing to eating at home the entire month seems unrealistic for some of you.  I totally understand that.  So sit down and set a smaller goal, one that seems more workable for your family.  I understand how hectic life can be with work and kid's schedules.  I know for our team, it's not just about saving money, but it's also remembering to be good stewards of what we have.  :)  Too often we eat out because I just don't feel like cooking.  :(  My hope is that plenty of "teachable moments" will arise from this challenge.  We've already shared with our team what we are doing and they seem fine with it, for now!  But I anticipate some future complaining. 

Here is my menu below.  These are in no particular order.  I don't assign specific meals for a specific day.  I just compile a list of meals that I will have the ingredients for.  Doing menu planning this way, enables me to pick and choose as our schedule allows.  I usually make my meal choice the night before so I'll know if I need to set something out of the freezer.  I'm only planning for dinners.  Breakfasts are usually cereal, oatmeal, eggs, previously cooked frozen pancakes, etc.  My big boys will take their lunch to school (as usual).  I can't imagine paying $2.25/per school lunch.  Eli sometimes ate school lunch, but with two in school now-forgettabouit!  :)  Jeff & I will eat leftovers or sandwiches for lunch.

Eat @ HOME August 2013 Menu

  1. Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos *
  2. Skillet Chili Mac *
  3. Pancake Squares *, Eggs & Bacon
  4. Pan Seared Chicken with Tomatoes *, Parmesan/Spinach Orzo*
  5. Chicken Rollatini *, Pasta, 
  6. Crockpot Lemon Chicken *, Baked Potatoes
  7. Pork Loin *, Potato Casserole
  8. Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Sea Shell Pasta Salad*
  9. Baked Tacos*
  10. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs *, Pasta, Ratatouille *
  11. Honey Lime Chicken Skewers *, Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Sauce*
  12. Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Corn
  13. Shepherd's Pie
  14. Meatloaf, Oven Roasted Potatoes
  15. Meatball Subs, Salad
  16. Baked Chicken Taquitos, Rice, Black Beans
  17. BBQ Chicken Cornbread Pie
  18. Sloppy Joes, French Fries
  19. Pizza, Cheese Sticks, Salad
  20. Spaghetti, Salad, Green Beans
  21. BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Potatoes
  22. Enchiladas, Rice, Black Beans
  23. Beef & Potato Hash
  24. Hamburgers, French Fries
  25. French Toast, Eggs  
  26. BBQ Chicken Legs
  27. Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes, Okra-Jeff's meal! :)
*These are brand new recipes which I'll review and feature here on my blog.

There you have it!  I only included 27 meals on my menu, to allow for a few nights of leftovers or sandwiches.  I typically don't plan a ton of sides.  I'll add fresh veggies/dip, or a cooked family favorite.

I hope this helps you plan your menu for the month.  Please feel free to share your family's favorites as well.

Happy Planning!
~Kristee




0 comments:

Post a Comment