OUR TEAM


-

-

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Play Book: Fall Trees

Fall is here and I couldn't be happier!  Fall is my most favorite season.  After spending 9 summers here in Arizona, when September hits, I.AM.DONE! :)  Of course true fall doesn't really hit here until October.  But we are already having some beautiful weather in the mornings and evenings.  These next 6 months make the hideous summer months totally worth it!  

I have been in the mood for fall since school started. (Mind you, that was July!)  So I am so pleased it's here.  The cool weather, fun decorations, all-things-pumpkin, yummy smelling candles, and all of the outside activities you can squeeze in...it's all PERFECT.

Jonah & I made some fall trees the other day.  I'd seen both of these versions floating around Pinterest and I wanted to try them.  

The first one was a "Fall Hand Print Tree".  We just traced his hand, glued it on paper and then he glued some tissue paper squares (from our crafting stash) on for leaves.  Pretty easy...and he seemed to enjoy it!







The second one we made was even more fun.  It was a "Q-Tip Tree Painting".  I traced a tree shape in pencil and he filled it in with paint dipped Q-tips.  He really liked this one.  Q-tips are the perfect size to hold for his hands.  It was great to help him practicing his "finger hold" for writing, without dealing with the frustration of holding a pencil!  He had a lot of fun with this one.  We will be painting with q-tips a lot in the future!




These were both very easy crafts that didn't require a lot of prep time or supplies.  They are a very easy way to have your kids get your house ready for your fall festivities and let you get your kitchen cleaned while they are doing them! ;)  Double duty craft!! :)  

**Keep your eyes open for my upcoming Fall Play Book!

~Kristee

0 comments:

Post a Comment