OUR TEAM


-

-

Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Play Book: Rock Candy

So as much as I would like to say our Summer Play Book was a success, I can't! :)  We did complete several activites and trips but there were SO many that we didn't get to.  _______________-(insert excuse here!)  We will save them up for our fall, Christmas, and Spring Breaks.  My guess is we will have some things left to do for next summer! :)

We did try the Rock Candy.  It was a lot of fun!  The boys enjoyed making it.  Check out the fun! (You can find the directions on my Summer Play Book post.  Just click the link above.)


Soaking our sticks

Mixing up our sugar

Cooking it up
Rolling our stick in the "starter" sugar

Our sticks ready to go in


Picking out our colors


Adding our sticks



TA-DA (That's a dirty sock on Noah's head.  Why?  More like why not? )


My crazies!

So we let the rock candy sit for a LONG time.  When I say LONG, I mean as in over a month!  LOL  We kind of forgot about it. :)  It didn't seem to matter.  They turned out fine and the team sill loved them.  

They turned out pretty!




This was a fun activity!  We will definitely keep this on our Summer Play Book for next year!  Give it a try!

~Kristee


0 comments:

Post a Comment