OUR TEAM


-

-

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Recipe Review: Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken


This one got thumbs down all-around.  It was a quick meal to throw in the crockpot, but not one we'll be making again.  It was too sweet and the pineapple got too soft.  I served it up with brown rice and broccoli.  We just weren't fans of this one.  

Here's the recipe in case you feel like trying it anyway!  I'm sure somebody out there likes it!

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken 
(4-5 servings)
  • 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • ½ cup of pineapple juice (use what’s in the can)
  • ½ can of large pineapple chunks
Add all the ingredients to the bag. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Serve it over rice and enjoy. While I am cooking the rice I like to shred the chicken and put it back in the juice before I serve it.

~Kristee

0 comments:

Post a Comment