OUR TEAM


-

-

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eat @HOME August-Day #18 Update

We are still at it!  But boy I'm I tired! :)

 A few days ago we tried the Pan Seared Chicken with Tomatoes & the Parmesan/Spinach Orzo.

Turns out, the chicken is just pretty much grilled chicken with a tomato/olive relish.  I personally don't really care for olives.  I can eat them it they are thrown on a pizza or a Mexican dish, but that's about it.  I didn't realize the recipe included olives! :/  So I made the tomatoes and served it on the side.  Nobody like those but me.  It was just tomatoes with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I thought they added some flavor to the chicken.

I was worried about the Orzo.  All of that green spinach in there.  I wasn't sure how the boys would react.  I just told them it was a new recipe for Mac & Cheese.  Much to my surprise it worked! :)  Eli and Noah loved it.  Jonah wouldn't try it, which didn't surprise me.  Eli even took some in his lunch the next day.  It was really easy to make and the orzo cooked up really quick.  The ingredients were all what I would consider "normal", with the exception of the orzo.  I really like it as well.  The boys didn't complain about the spinach, so I'll be trying to sneak that into future meals! ;)  I think adding some artichokes and mozzarella cheese would be awesome!  I may try that next time.


I fear that I'm running out of motivation to cook!  I'm starting to dread fixing dinners now.  I'm praying that it passes and I get a second wind! :)

~Happy Cooking!
Kristee





Eat @ HOME August 2013 Menu
  1. Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos *
  2. Skillet Chili Mac *
  3. Pancake Squares *, Eggs & Bacon
  4. Pan Seared Chicken with Tomatoes *, Parmesan/Spinach Orzo*
  5. Chicken Rollatini *, Pasta,
  6. Crockpot Lemon Chicken *, Baked Potatoes
  7. Pork Loin *, Potato Casserole
  8. Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Sea Shell Pasta Salad*
  9. Baked Tacos*
  10. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs *, Pasta, Ratatouille *
  11. Honey Lime Chicken Skewers *, Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Sauce*
  12. Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Corn
  13. Shepherd's Pie
  14. Meatloaf, Oven Roasted Potatoes
  15. Meatball Subs, Salad
  16. Baked Chicken Taquitos, Rice, Black Beans
  17. BBQ Chicken Cornbread Pie
  18. Sloppy Joes, French Fries
  19. Pizza, Cheese Sticks, Salad
  20. Spaghetti, Salad, Green Beans
  21. BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Potatoes
  22. Enchiladas, Rice, Black Beans
  23. Beef & Potato Hash
  24. Hamburgers, French Fries
  25. French Toast, Eggs
  26. BBQ Chicken Legs
  27. Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes, Okra-Jeff's meal! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment