OUR TEAM


-

-

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Eat @HOME August Day #27 Update-Baked Tacos


We are almost done!  It has been a long month!  As of today, the only money we have spent on eating out was about $4 for Eli's Happy Birthday Happy Meal!  For birthdays, we take them the lunch of their choice to school.  We couldn't skip Eli's special day! :)

Last night I made Baked Tacos.  They were really good!  Thumbs up from the whole team!  Well, Eli technically gave me a sideways thumb because I put too much meat in them and his fell apart! :)  Such a critic!

They were fairly easy to make.  I loved the idea of toasting them upside down on the oven rack!  Just be careful when toasting up your tortillas not to burn them.  I only burned one which is amazing!  I'm notorious for burning tortillas in my house!  I used both corn and flour tortillas.  They both turned out great.  By toasting the tortillas in the oven, it makes the base wide enough to fill them without them falling over, which is AWESOME!  

The meat mixture for this is amazing.  By adding the refried beans, you can make your meat mixture go farther.  It also bumped up the fiber and protein.  My boys didn't even know it had beans in it!  This is probably how I'll make my tacos from now on!  They are that good! :)  I highly recommend these!


Baked Tacos

Topped with some lettuce, tomato, salsa and fat free sour cream!  YUM!


Here is what my menu looks like.  I'm going to end up with some extra recipes, but that's OK.  We will just roll those over into September.

Eat @ HOME August 2013 Menu
  1. Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos *
  2. Skillet Chili Mac *
  3. Pancake Squares *, Eggs & Bacon
  4. Pan Seared Chicken with Tomatoes *, Parmesan/Spinach Orzo*
  5. Chicken Rollatini *, Pasta,
  6. Crockpot Lemon Chicken *, Baked Potatoes
  7. Pork Loin *, Potato Casserole
  8. Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Sea Shell Pasta Salad*
  9. Baked Tacos*
  10. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs *, Pasta, Ratatouille *
  11. Honey Lime Chicken Skewers *Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Sauce*
  12. Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Corn
  13. Shepherd's Pie
  14. Meatloaf, Oven Roasted Potatoes
  15. Meatball Subs, Salad
  16. Baked Chicken Taquitos, Rice, Black Beans
  17. BBQ Chicken Cornbread Pie
  18. Sloppy Joes, French Fries
  19. Pizza, Cheese Sticks, Salad
  20. Spaghetti, Salad, Green Beans
  21. BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Potatoes
  22. Enchiladas, Rice, Black Beans
  23. Beef & Potato Hash
  24. Hamburgers, French Fries
  25. French Toast, Eggs
  26. BBQ Chicken Legs
  27. Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes, Okra-Jeff's meal! :)

~Happy Cooking!

Kristee


0 comments:

Post a Comment