OUR TEAM


-

-

Friday, August 2, 2013

Eat @HOME : Day #2 Chicken Rollatini

Dinner tonight was Chicken Rollatini with spaghetti and salad!  Let me just say, it was SO good!  You guys have to try this one.  The whole team loved it!

I made a few changes to the recipe nothing huge.

*I used 2 big chicken breasts, cut them in half, and then pounded them out thin.  So I had 4 portions.
*I used just regular bread crumbs that I had on hand.
*I used 2 beaten eggs instead of the egg beaters because it's what I had.  Part of them went into the cheese/spinach mixture and the other part was used to dip the chicken in.
*I opted not to put mozzarella cheese in with the spinach/ricotta mix, because Jeff isn't a fan of cheese.
*I just used a canned sauce to top the chicken and the noodles with.
*I also drizzled a bit of olive oil on top before I put it in the oven.
This is a pretty easy recipe.  It just has a lot of steps for assembly.  One option for those of you who might be hesitant to try it due to time constraints would be to assemble it the night before and then just pop it in the oven for dinner the next day.  I think it would hold up fine.

Don't forget to check out my menu for Eat @HOME August!


After it had baked for 25 minutes before I added the sauce and cheese.

Yummy yummy...with a copycat Olive Garden salad!

Jonah cleaned his plate & he is our SUPER picky eater! 

Enjoy!  Let me know if you try it and how you like it!  For our team, this is definitely a keeper!  We'll be adding this to our rotation!

~Kristee







0 comments:

Post a Comment