OUR TEAM


-

-

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trainer Notes: Living Dangerously

This past weekend Jeff preached at all four services at our church.  He also had finals for a class he's taking for his Master's degree.  So it was a bit hectic around here.  We also had some friends here visiting from Indiana.  They were borrowing our van on Saturday to move their daughter into ASU.

So...funny story:

Since they were borrowing our van, Jeff had taken all four of the boys car seats out.  When did I remember this?  Yep, Sunday morning at 9:15, when I opened the van door, of course.  So I opened up the garage to get them out...not there!  :/  Jeff had put them in HIS van.  His van was at church!  He was on stage preaching at the 1st service!  Hmmm!?

Who could I call?  Nobody I know has four extra car seats laying around.  So I thought, "well bummer I guess we aren't going to church!"

Then I thought, "Forget that!  I have to go hear my man preach!"

I told the boys to get in and buckle up.  Eli was on the verge of a panic attack.  WHAT no car seats?  I stuck Micah's carrier on the seat and was able to use the seat belt to keep him stable without having the base.  Eli was concerned it was not safe.  So he said, "I'm gonna pray!"  LOVE him!

I got the other's all buckled in.  Jonah thought it was awesome.  He felt like a big boy.

We took off!  I was praying that I wouldn't get pulled over for some weird reason.

We made it.  It was a completely uneventful drive, aside from the giggling in the back!

As I pulled into the parking lot this song came on the radio.  Dangerous by Group 1 Crew
Take a listen it's a pretty catchy song!


The first line of the chorus says, "I want to live dangerous, risk it all for you Lord!"

It just cracked me up at God's timing!  I love it when He makes me laugh!  We lived "Dangerously" and made it on time.  

Jeff did great!  I always love getting to hear him speak!  If you want to watch Jeff's sermon you can check it out  HERE.

~Kristee







0 comments:

Post a Comment