OUR TEAM


-

-

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eat @HOME Day #1: Crockpot Lemon Chicken

Well here we are, our first day of my Eat @HOME Challenge!  I left this morning without starting my dinner in my crockpot! :-/  I remembered right before Jonah and I walked into the movies (our last of the Harkins summer movies).  Luckily Jeff is off on Thursdays and was home with Micah.  So I called him to ask if he'd help me out.  Have I mentioned before how much he hates cooking? LOL  But this was an easy one so he was able throw it all in for me! :)  Thanks Babe!

This is what the recipe calls for:

Crockpot Lemon Chicken ~ Put cube of butter in bottom of crock pot. Lay chicken in pot. Sprinkle Italian dressing packet over chicken, drizzle with lemon juice, and pop the lid on. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours.


He did it all! Except the lemon juice (I forgot to tell him that part.) I have to say it was really yummy. The whole house smelled great all afternoon!


Our team, well they loved it and gobbled it right up! (I think it was because Daddy "made" it!) They even named it "Daddy's Famous Chicken"! LOL I even have leftover chicken to throw on a spinach salad for lunch tomorrow! Double duty!


Next time I think I'll add in some cubed potatoes and green beans and cook it all up together. Can't beat a one pot dinner! :)

~Kristee

0 comments:

Post a Comment